A Tourist Tale about Egypt's Food

When I left to Egypt in the past year, I never thought I was coming back fond of this country kitchen. Fresh fruits, vegetables and cereals group of stunning and huge markets is a paradise for vegetarians. Will occupy the kitchen Egypt easily ranked fifth among the top five countries in the plant list.
 Took me cook pancakes and  food talented guide Nadia on a tour of food to the market "Moaz street" famous in Old Cairo, which I took many of the photos below and if you visit Egypt one day, do not waste your tours , food interesting and fun provided by Nadia and her friends.
 
 Making good "pita" Bread
 


Hassan is a bakery to bake "Pita" in a street market next to Khan Khalili, "Azhar area" famous in Old Cairo, which is a small shop and a modest, hardly pay any attention to him. But I am very happy because I entered it, and thanks in return for Nadia, because the bread is very good, fresh and extremely flavorful.
 
Not only the quality of the bread, but the same good people nice and friendly. It has invited me to his kitchen, and showed me how the bread making distinctive and spoke enthusiastically about the methods and prescriptions. It also allowed me to spend several hours in his small store, and even allowed me the opportunity to try my hand making bread, but what I made bread from my hand it seemed funny ,asterisk are distorted and made me laugh!
 
Do you see Oven  in the background? There are good baked the bread, which is lined with metal furnaces and round and cavernous. Has been described as good, saying it was "like the mother's abdomen." It is interesting that they call ovens "Forn", we in India call it "tandoor."
 
I asked about the secret of good bread wonderful, he said that the secret in the beginning the "old" in the kneading. Hassan called "old" because the first dough was made to him in 1985, and since that time, and every day, keeps good piece of dough the previous day and adds them to the dough the following days. In this way, as explained to me the good, the dough "continuous" since more than 27 years. The first-made dough containing yeast in it, but since that time has not been used at all in yeast Hassan daily. After that, the way of continuity in the old dough bread quality given a mild yeast.

 Belongs to a class with good bakers who make bread, a traditional Arab, he is from Zakazyek, a Delta city. He works hard, gets up at five o'clock in the morning and often works late into the night. dough fresh every day using half white flour and half wheat flour, water and salt (in addition to some of the dough the day before).

Then Hassan and his assistant, the formation of dozens and dozens of loaves of pita bread round and large chewed gently and bake in the oven is a wonderful charcoal its own, and then carrying out spraying sesame seeds black and white or a little thyme to the bread.



 Cookies "Kahk" which looks like you've never see before
 

The Egyptians have developed a small buns to a form of art. After the experience of Cookies "Kahk", you will not see at all the cookies in the same way again. The Fitre Feast  is a Muslim Feast , which lasts 4 days, the Muslim
  eat cookies (or Kahk) and other cookies items during the period of Eid al-Fitr.



 I was lucky enough because I was present in Egypt during the festival Eid al-Fitr, and tasted some amazing cookies. It was a difficult choice because it was the introduction of many flavors of appetite.

 
During the festival, "
Eid al-Fitr", the cookies shops packed with people. This man loves cookies selection.
 
My favorite cookie  that was stuffed , and that comes stuffed with Turkish delight ! What a great idea! This cookie was presented with the sugar powder on top, and the filling containing turkish delight .
 
This cookie  in the market  was" kind "common" and Stuffed date  dessert.
 
Homos best eaten at all
 


I am fond of chickpeas. I ate a lot of hummus in Egypt until he came out of my ears! I have cleared the dishes and the delicious dishes of hummus and pita bread with fat and soft bloated. Eventually, I found this the best hummus ever eaten.
 
That was in a small restaurant called "Elmadry" in the market "khan khalili" in Cairo. This restaurant offers delicious dishes traditional Egyptian cuisine (a large number of vegetarian options also ), Homos  best tasted at all.
 
It was a chick in a restaurant "Elmasry" rich and soft and very luxurious, and the appropriate amount of salt and lemon. The restaurant was generous in tehena provided by the hummus, which gives him a sense of richness  in the mouth.
 
Image above: vegetarian meal calorie diet and I dealt with  food in a restaurant "elmasry," a cabbage stuffed with rice cooked in tomato sauce, paprika, with pickles, hummus and pita bread.
 
Vegetarian meal in Cairo with Egyptraveluxe guide Nadia


In the last night of the festival "
Eid al-Fitr", making us a great power with Nadia sumac on the dinner. Sumac for the dark red color, which is a powder of spices with a wonderful flavor. Power, we dealt with a lot of grain and bread and cheese. Power was a snack, but compelling and wonderful reminder that even the simplest of meals can be transformed into unforgettable meals when eaten with the good people in an atmosphere of friendly conversation .

 
After we dealt with the authority of sumac, we finished the meal Holiday "
Eid al-Fitr" eat cookie "kahk" usual, and these were sugared and the cookie stuffed with nougat this time .
 

 

 

Comments

  1. I completely agree, It is great. And I am always surprised when I read posts about the food. This great content. I have learned something powerful today.online food delivery app development


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment